Contact

Follow

©2020 by Dyann Daley MD. All Rights Reserved.

October 15, 2017

About 60% of child maltreatment related deaths are due to fatal injuries sustained when infants and children aren't being appropriately supervised, a type of maltreatment called 'neglectful supervision.'  The remaining 40% of deaths are due to physical abuse.  In the U...

October 15, 2017

The latest swaddling recommendations say caregivers should stop swaddling their baby by 8 weeks of age.  That means that if a caregiver does swaddle for sleep for the first 7 weeks, they will have to change the sleep routine right when baby is (finally)...

June 29, 2017

Fort Worth has been an 

epicenter of infant mortality in Texas for years. The cause has been called a mystery, and effective prevention strategies have been elusive. Are our infants especially vulnerable, our women less healthy, or our home environments more risky?

Natio...

June 29, 2017

How cross-agency data sharing will improve outcomes for vulnerable children

Lack of funding is not the biggest problem in child welfare. The most important problem is that we still don’t know how to reliably help kids! Right now, we aren’t able to prevent child abuse an...

Please reload

Recent Posts

Please reload

Archive

Please reload

Tags

Please reload